Do’s And Don’ts In Social Media
Do’s And Don’ts In Social Media
Without a doubt, social media is the biggest thing this generation has to offer. We can literally make friends today and stay in touch with them at the tip of our fingers since we can get connected through our mobile phones these days. It’s an amazing evolution!
Back in the 90′s when I was born, the most efficient way for communication between my family which in that time we were in the US and my other family members scattered around the Philippines, was to send out letters which took a while to arrive or by simply giving them a call which was costly since it’s an international call. We were very limited before.
Nowadays, you can chat with a friend in the US, skype call with a family member in Spain or even video call with a high school friend in China. It’s simply awesome! What’s best about it is, it’s FREE! Unbelievable right? We can talk to anyone today and it wouldn’t even cost a dime. It’s fun and can really become a big part of our lives.
Anyways, almost everyone is on social media. Some use it to communicate with friends and family members, some use it to play games online and some use it for their businesses.
In this post, I’ll be specifically talking about the people using social media for their businesses.
Just like any other thing out there, there is also a set of Do’s And Don’ts In Social Media
If you follow these steps, you’ll get to avoid embarrassment and people who in purpose block or avoid you.
- Not having a REAL picture – This one is a real issue. People don’t like connecting with people that have weird pictures. An example of this would be a picture of: their pet, their company logo, company products, cars, cartoons or some even leave it blank.
- Spamming – People just hate spammers. They make the environment crowded and look dirty. Don’t be one of them! This could lead to the deactivation of your account.
- Not using their real names – Now this one sometimes is hard to spot, sometimes it’s not. Some people like to use weird names. Some even add use their company as their name. It’s weird. It’s like you got married with your company. Just be real and use your name. If don’t want to, then create a fan page and brand yourself that way.
- Posting weird stuff – Just got home from a crazy weekend party? Well don’t post pics of you drunk and doing weird stuff. Don’t post racist, sexual or any explicit type of material. Respect your friend’s newsfeed.
- Not ever heard from – When people add you or you add people, they want to know you. Don’t just ignore them, send out a quick introduction.
That’s just some of the most common social media don’ts I see around. There are still more though. Leave some of them on the comments below.
Everything I posted above is what doesn’t work and what will NEVER work. This time, I’ll be sharing what does work. Now be careful, if you apply them, you will become a social media ROCK STAR!
- Using a real picture and giving out a smile – Don’t be shy. Smile! Be yourself and be proud and happy.
- Build relationships – Internet marketing is a relationship game. The better you are at building relationships, the more positive feedback and results you’ll be getting.
- Make videos – People want to connect with REAL people. The best way to become a REAL person online is by making videos. Be yourself! Don’t be too conscious or you’ll be boring. lol You don’t want that.
- Fill out your profile – People want to know you better. This part is simple. Just fill out your about me, website info or whatever else you’d like to fill out.
- Welcome new friends – Whenever you get a new friend, send a welcome message. Introduce yourself so you will make a new friend.
- Give value – Don’t just heavily promote something. Give value. Make people feel better and help them out with their lives. Be a good friend! You can do this by sharing tips, motivational quotes, videos or whatever it may be that will help someone.
These are just some of the tips that can make you into a social media rock star. There are more amazing tips on what you should do and how you could do them.If you know of anymore, please share them in the comments section below.
Do’s And Don’ts In Social Media… It’s simple and a fun process!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!