Despite a deep cleaning of the house, the dust reappears as quickly as you remove it. These dust deposits enter through doors and windows and spread throughout the house. Fungi and bacteria that we bring in from outside, for example on shoes or clothing fibers, are also transported. However, there is an effective trick used in hotels to remove dust. Find out which one!
The key solution is glycerin, a cheap, dense and odorless substance that can prevent dust from settle on the cleaned surface for a relatively long period of time. Glycerin can be used regardless of surface type and forms an invisible protective layer on the furniture against dust deposition.
The product is relatively cheap and easy to use for dust removal. It is very effective on surfaces such as mirrors and painted areas.
Glycerin is perfect for treating any surface and making it dust resistant, and it’s the same method used in luxury hotels to keep them always spotless. How to use it for remarkable results:
- Dilute a few drops of glycerin in a liter of water
- Dip a cloth into the solution
- Allow the cloth to dry and then rub with the surface to be treated
To make floors or parquet floors shine without the dust settling, pour a few drops of glycerin into a bucket of water and use the solution to wash the floor. Besides being effective in treating surfaces and making them resistant to dust, glycerin is also suitable for removing stains.
To achieve this result, apply a small amount on a cloth microfiber and rub the affected areas with it, then rinse with water. Before using the product, however, you must clean the surfaces well by vacuuming the dust.
What should be used to clean dust?
If you are looking for an ecological and economical alternative to cleaning your home, microfiber cloths are an excellent choice. They are effective even without detergent and require only water to use. This means that you save money by not buying expensive products. There are many models on the market to suit all needs. Microfiber cloths are also healthy and environmentally friendly. Just choose the one that suits you best.
5 tips to avoid dust
Although glycerin is a product that allows you to avoid the formation of dust, certain movements must be used to achieve better results and significantly reduce dust. Here’s what you need to do:
- To avoid dust, alternate between a vacuum cleaner and a broom, using both options. Once a month, don’t forget to clean them and let them air dry.
- Change bedding to reduce dust. In fact, there is often a lot of dust in the bedding, which is why sheets and pillowcases should be washed every week.
- Install Shutters to reduce dust. This option is preferred over traditional curtains as it is easier to clean them. In addition, roller shutters prevent dust from entering the house.
- Vacuum regularly and thoroughly clean the bedroom, living room, hallway to reduce dust. Preferably use a vacuum cleaner with a filter to capture even the smallest particles of dust, animal hair, pollen, etc.
- Preferably use microfiber cloths to remove dust, as they adhere better than other types of cloths. You can use them to clean furniture and other surfaces around the house.