Want to create a Gmail account? It’s hard to advise against it, because it opens the door to many free services, besides the email address. Then it is important to take full advantage of the possibilities of your Android smartphone. So follow our guide “How to create a Gmail account?” for a smooth registration in the Google universe.
Gmail is more than a mailbox service, it is one of the references and provides access to a whole range of services. For example, we can mention the 15 GB of storage space on Google Drive, the backup of your images in Google Photos or the office suite Google Docs. In addition, a Gmail address is essential to take advantage of all the possibilities of your Android smartphone.
How to create a Gmail account?
To get started, go to the following address: https://www.gmail.com.
- Then click the button Create an account bottom right of the page. Select the type of account you want to create.
- Enter your First name and Last namethereafter User name which will be used for your Gmail address.
- You can now enter one Passwordconfirm it and finish by clicking on Next.
- If the username you entered is already in use, Google will ask you to change it. To help you with this, it will suggest available usernames.
- The next page asks you to enter a phone number, your date of birth and your gender.
- Additional information is not mandatory, you only provide it if you wish.
- When you’re done, click Next and press on the next page Send. You will receive a confirmation code via SMS, which you must enter in the section Enter the verification code.
- The next page asks if you want to associate your Gmail account with the phone number you used to verify your registration. Make your choice between Ignore and Yes, I accept.
- You must then select your personal settings. Select it Manual adjustment to have access to the maximum of possibilities. You can always come back to it later by accessing your Google Account. Another option: at the end of the process, ask for an occasional reminder so that you can consult these parameters. Tick the box Reminders about the confidentiality rules.
Your mailbox is now functional, all you have to do is use it. Notice at the top right of the Gmail window, just to the left of your portrait, the Google Apps button to the left of your profile picture. Click on it to get direct access to all services from YouTube, Analytics, Maps, Google Play and Google Drive.
To follow us, we invite you to download our Android and iOS application. You can read our articles, files and watch our latest YouTube videos.